Hello everyone. You need to follow a particular timeline if you want to file an application for US universities in fall semester. Start the process before about the 12 months of enrollment.
- Start preparing for tests like TOEFL and GRE.
- Book a suitable date for these tests. It’s a crucial step as most of the dates are booked during these months.
- Check your passport’s status. If your passport is close to the expiry date or has expired then apply for renewing as soon as possible. The test centers won’t take your test without an active passport. . Continue reading
Many of the 2nd or 3rd aspirants start preparations for the rGRE exam pretty early. While this is a good move, registering for the GRE exam before getting your passport is a bad one and it can go Ugly too, if you get the names wrong. For your dream of getting into the US, getting your passport is the first and foremost step. It is a strict requirment that the names on your passport must match with the name you registered for GRE exam. So although it is possible to give GRE before getting passport, i wouldn’t recommend it!
Getting the passport nowadays has become a Calk-walk, if you are aware and literate enough that is..!
Procedure in getting the Passport at Local PSK (Passport seva kendra)
Gone are the days when you had to submit your application for about 2 months in advance , get an appointment in Delhi and hope that everything goes right on the day. The Indian govt, has made it much simpler to obtain a Republic of India passport nowadays. Here is the detailed procedure.
Whenever you give any International Standardized test such as GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, LSAT or any other, you will need Passport as your Identity proof. Nowadays passport is necessary. If you need to give anything for your address proof, Passport will do. Even Passport is a must as it recognizes you as a citizen of a Country and plus it always works as an Identity proof. So here’s the list of documents needed while applying for Passport.
Required Documents for Passport
1. Proof of address
Attach any of the Following:
- Applicant’s Ration card
- Water / Telephone / Electricity bill (Current as well as 12 months old)
- Driving License
- Election Card Continue reading