Here’s the third list of High Frequency GRE Words from HigherEduBlog Team. If you haven’t checked High Frequency GRE Words -1 & High Frequency GRE Words – 2 , then check it out. Many more lists of High Frequency GRE words to come.
High Frequency GRE Words
1. Banality: dullness
Sentence: His expression of greatness was not just a mere banality
2. Immolation: sacrifice for sacred reasons
Sentence: When republics encounter setbacks those in power are marked by immolation
3. Animus: active dislike, hatred
Sentence: His feeling was not a dislike; there was a deep violent animus in his heart.
4. Bastion: fortification , fertility
Sentence: They are stroming the bastions of democracy.
5. Leviathan: something that is huge
Sentence: His eyes got struck to the huge manuscript and it seemed impossible that a publisher can be found to publish this levithan
6. Welter: a confused mass, Turmoil(state of confusion)
Sentence: Deeply involved in the welter of casual news about welfare, the morale of struggling people was not understood.
7. Magnitude: greatness of something
Sentence: It should be possible to increase the current finance without increasing the magnitude of treasury deficits.
8. Demolition: destroy
Sentence: Entire population will be menanced by the demolition.
9. Infinitude: infinite, endless
Sentence: On the day like this one has the feeling of being able to see into infinitude.
10. Efficacy: effectiveness
Sentence: There is an efficacy to solve the problem
11. Catharsis: purification
Sentence: There is great catharsis in lovers and worshipers.
12. Frankenstein: the creation that harms its creator
Sentence: They soon found themselves powerless to control the frankenstein monster thus called into being.
13. Limbo: a place between heaven and hell, confinement, state of uncertainty
Sentence: I have faith that the war will be relegated to the limbo of things forgotten.
14. Zealots: full of enthusiasm
Sentence: The draft bill was passed against antiprepared zealots
15. Dudgeon: offensive
Sentence: He was in high dudgeon over injustice.
16. Dispatch: speed
Sentence: In emergency we must act with great dispatch
17. Audacious: temerity
Sentence: He met the emergency with audacity and that put his life in danger.
18. Duress: compulsion, threat
Sentence: They worked on the durness of higher authorities.
19. Exigent: requiring urgent attention
Sentence: We decided not to remain longer than military exigency required.
20. Rancour: ill-will
Sentence: their minds and hearts are filled with rancour.
21. Impetus: actuate ,momentum, encouragement
Sentence:He gave a great impetus to the cause
22. Stringent: very strict
Sentence: stringency of rules killed the initiatives of the pupil.
23. Assiduous: hardworking and form
Sentence: I know with what assiduity the propoganda factories turn out the fictitious stories.
24. Turpitude: moral decline, debauchery
Sentence: His turpitude was in him unllike others.
25. Duplicity: deceitfulness, double-faced
Sentence: He would say on e thing on my face and another thing on others face.His duplicity had no bounds.
26. Dereliction: neglecting ones duty and responsibilities
Sentence: The mayor took so many vactions that he was questined for his derelictions.
27. Opprobrium: shame/infamy
Sentence: Some nations have contemptously criticised for their ruthless ambitions towards empire,but America has never been subjected to that oppobrium.
28. Contumely: humiliating treatment
Sentence: they reaped contumely on jewsand negros.
29. Scurrilities: rough and abusive language
Sentence: I am bored with Scurrilities of modern age
30. Calumny: malicious accusations
Sentence: It was a lie as black,a calumny as foul as ever issued from the troat of the men
31. Blasphemy: insult of something religious
Sentence: He is relegious zealot who regards every differing faith as blasphemy.
32. Rapacity : greed with violence
Sentence: The rapacity of usurer id punished by law.
33. Quietus :state of retirement, inactivity, disheartened
Sentence: The Boss put a quietus on employess amitious plan
34. Acrimony: sharpness of speech, resentful
Sentence: He began to resent the acrimony of her tounge
35. Impasse: deadlock
Sentence: The party to the treaty had reached an impasse and a solution to the dilemma seemed hopeless.
36. Monstrosity: distortion of appearance
Sentence: I thought that particular piece of hideous furmiture she had was a monstrosity.
37. Bathos: excessive sentimentality
Sentence:The play began with ahigh romance but ended on a note of maudlin bathos.
38. Ruck: abundance
Sentence: Ambitious people struggle to get out of the ruck of mankind.
39. Enormity: greatness, seriousness
Sentence: Not untill the crime had been actually commited did I realize the enormity of it.
40. Stoic: indifferent to pain and emotions
Sentence: He was as impassive as stoic when he met his end.
You can even refer to more High Frequency GRE words such as Barron’s , Kaplan’s, Princeton’s etc. But most of the lists of High Frequency GRE Words will be same.
Subscribe to Higher Education Blog and receive notifications on High Frequency GRE words and other posts via email. More posts to come on High Frequency GRE Words soon. Keep Visiting..!!