Germany nowadays is becoming one of the most preferred nation to Study abroad by the students and there is a high rise of the applicants of the Germany Student Visa. There are several advantages of studying in Germany such as low tuition fees, pat time jobs, Good job opportunities after you complete your Masters, Good International Exposure etc. Well you won’t find much information about Studying in Germany on the internet or from any other consultancies as Germany is still not very famous with the students. On HigherEduBlog in the next few months, you’ll find lots of Information about studying in Germany and all other stuffs related to Living in Germany.
Germany Student Visa Documents Checklist
Here’s the list of Documents required for applying to Germany Student Visa and other necessay things you need to carry.
- Valid Passport
- DD (Demand Draft) for Germany Student Visa fee
- 2/3 Passport Pictures according to Bio-metric Specifications i.e.
- Only photos of a very high quality can be accepted
- Photos should not have any stapler pin marks disfiguring the face or the background
- Size of the photo 35mm X 45mm
- Proportion of the head in the photo must be 70 – 80 % of the complete photo
- Photos should have a light background
- Fully filled Application form with correct details and signature on both the sides
- Signed declaration on True and Complete Information
- Cover Letter explaining the reason for the Germany Student Visa Application and duration of the stay.
- Also an original German translation of the above application
- Letter of admission from the German university (Signed with the seal of the University)
- University Certificates (Degree Certificates, All mark-sheets and Transcripts)
- GRE Original Score Sheet (If applicable)
- TOEFL / IELTS Original Score Sheet (Mandatory)
- 10th Class Original Mark-sheet and Certificate
- 12th Class Original Mark-sheet and Certificate
- Proof of German language proficiency (If classes are taught in German language)
- Proof of fees paid i.e. Proof of appointment Confirmation (If Applicable)
- School Leaving Certificate (L.C.)
- Proof of Financial resources (Any one of the following)
- Proof of Scholarship/Stipend.
- A formal sponsorship letter from sponsor living in Germany
- Sanctioned education loan letter and document of the collateral, inclusive of contacts of bank. The amount of the sanctioned loan converted into EURO should be indicated in writing by the bank.
- Savings account (12 months bank statement), inclusive of contacts of bank and EURO conversion.
- Confirmation of a German blocked account (“Sperrkonto”)
- Financial guarantee from parents/other relatives, supported by appropriate proof i.e. Affidavit of Support, inclusive contacts of bank and EURO conversion.
- Photocopies of Income Tax Return of last 3 years of Co-borrower of financial loan. (if any)
- Proof of relation with the sponsor-or
- Work Experience Certificate from the company (If any)
- Proof of Health Insurance (After the approval)
- Proof of Travel Insurance (After the approval)
- A Flight ticket (After the approval)
I guess I have covered most of the documents required for the application of the Germany Student Visa. Well all the required forms / declarations as well as this information sheet for Germany Student Visa can be downloaded from the visa page of the German Consulate General’s homepage. Please note that the German Consulate General reserves the right to ask for additional documents in single cases. Also there are total 5 consulates namely Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Mumbai and Bangalore So as per different consulates the procedure for the Germany Student Visa application may be different.
Source : http://www.india.diplo.de/
In my upcoming posts, I’ll write about how to open the German Blocked Account i.e. Sperrkonto and the required documents needed for it and a sample cover letter for the application of the Germany Student Visa. Also I’ll cover some basic questions and answers which are asked for the Germany Student Visa Interview. Keep visiting..!!