Day before yesterday, got a query from Kunj Thacker (one of our readers) on how to prepare for GRE in 45 days and a specific GRE Study Guide. I have considered that you work 6-7 hours/day. So Kunj, here it goes.!
GRE Study Guide
- ETS Official GRE Guide 2nd Edition
- Manhattan 8 New GRE Strategy Guides (At least buy one (Preferably RC) to access their 6 online tests)
- Manhattan 500 Essential Words
- Manhattan 500 Advanced Words
- Nova Math Bible
- Princeton 1014 Practice questions for New GRE
- Powerscore GMAT Critical Reasoning Bible
- ETS Powerprep Software
- A Notebook (Hard copy)
- Magoosh GRE Prep (Highly recommended)
- Majortests.com’s 1500 Wordlists
- Barron’s 333 High Frequency words (If you have time, must read all of these)
GRE Study Guide : First 20 days
- Study 50 words per day from Manhattan 500 Essential words and Advanced Words and write it down in the hard copy.
- Learn RC Strategies from Manhattan RC Book.
- Practice 2 RC’s per day from codecoax.com and Manhattan RC Book.
- Practice 5 CR’s per day from PowerScore GMAT CR Bible.
- Finish all the Manhattan 6 Quantitative Series of Books in 12 Days. (Yes you read it right! 12 days!)
- Start with ETS Official Guide and Finish it in 2 days.
- Start with Princeton 1014 Questions and Finish it in 6 days. Okay I know after doing Manhattan 6 Quant Books, the Princeton Book will be real easy but you need to keep your calm and complete it for the extra practice in the Quants.
GRE Study Guide : Next 10 days
- So now you’ve learned 1000 words. Next step is to use them.
- Practice SE ,TC and RC’s from ETS Official Guide and complete it in 3 days.
- For the next 3 days, Practice SE & TC from Manhattan SE & TC Book.
- For the rest 4 days, Practice SE, TC and RC’s from Princeton 1014 Practice Questions.
- While Practicing the SE TC, when you come up with new words, try to note down them in your hard copy with the meaning of the words.
- Optional: Go through the Barron’s 333 High Frequency Words in this 10 days.!
- Now, Start with the Nova Math Bible and complete it in the next 10 days.
GRE Study Guide : Last 15 days (Taking Mock Exams)
While taking mock exams, make sure that you analyze your mistakes and try to work on them.
Optional: Go through the Majortests.com’s 1500 wordlists.
- 1st Day: Kaplan 1st MST
- 2nd Day: Kaplan 2nd MST
- 3rd Day: Kaplan 3rd MST
- 4th Day: Kaplan 4th MST
- 5th Day: Kaplan 5th MST
- 6th Day: ETS Official Guide 1st Practice Test & ETS Official Guide 2nd Practice Test
- 7th Day: Manhattan 1st MST
- 8th Day: Manhattan 2nd MST
- 9th Day: Manhattan 3rd MST
- 10th Day: Manhattan 4th MST
- 11th Day: Manhattan 5th MST
- 12th Day: Manhattan 6th MST
- 13th Day: ETS Powerprep 1st Test
- 14th Day: ETS Powerprep 2nd Test
- 15th Day: Revise words, Math formulaes and Take proper rest.
- The D – Day: The GRE Exam (Do’s and Don’t’s on the D-Day)
A day after exam: Come back to this post and tell us how it went in the comments!
I hope this GRE Study Guide helps you to achieve your dream GRE score. All the best
Subscribe to Higher Education Blog for more GRE Study Guide and GRE Study Tips!