Yesterday, got a query from Pratik Thacker (one of our readers) on how to prepare for GRE in 2 months (He’s taking GRE on 23rd october) and needs a specific GRE Study Schedule. I have considered that you work 6-7 hours/day. So Pratik, here it goes.!
GRE Study Schedule
- ETS Official GRE Guide 2nd Edition
- Manhattan 8 New GRE Strategy Guides (At least buy one (Preferably RC) to access their 6 online tests)
- Manhattan 500 Essential Words
- Manhattan 500 Advanced Words
- Nova Math Bible
- Manhattan 5 lb. Book of GRE Practice Problems (1800+ Practice Problems)
- Barron’s 333 High Frequency words
- ETS Powerprep Software
- Barron’s NEW GRE 19th Edition
- Access to Kaplan 5 MST’s
- A Notebook (Hard copy)
GRE Study Schedule : First 20 days
- Study 50 words per day from Manhattan 500 Essential words and Advanced Words and write it down in the hard copy.
- Learn RC Strategies from Manhattan RC Book.
- Practice 3 RC’s per day from Manhattan 5 lb. book and Manhattan RC Book.
- Practice 4 CR’s per day from Manhattan 5 lb book.
- Finish all the Manhattan 6 Quantitative Series of Books in 12 Days. (Yes you read it right! 12 days!)
- Start with ETS Official Guide and Finish it in 3 days. (Quantitative Part)
- Start with Quantitative Section of the Barron’s books and complete it in the next 5 days! (Sums will be easier than Manhattan, but you need to do just for that extra practice.)
GRE Study Schedule : Next 15 days
- So now you’ve learned 1000 words. Next step is to use them in context.
- Practice SE & TC from Barron’s book.
- Practice SE & TC from Manhattan SE & TC Book.
- While Practicing the SE TC, when you come up with new words, try to note down them in your hard copy with the meaning of the words!
- Go through the Barron’s 333 High Frequency Words in this 15 days.! (25 words per day!)
- Practice 4 RC’s per day from Manhattan 5 lb. book!
- In this 15 days, complete the Quantitative portion of the Manhattan 5 lb. book.
GRE Study Schedule : Next 10 days
- Practice SE ,TC and RC’s from ETS Official Guide and complete it in 4 days.
- For the rest 6 days, Practice SE, TC and RC’s from Princeton 1014 Practice Questions.
- Optional: For the next 10 days, Learn 100 words per day from the Magoosh online Flashcards!
- You’re done with ETS OG, Manhattan 6 books and Manhattan 5 lb. book for Quantitative.!
- In the next 10 days, start with Nova Math Bible and complete it in the next 10 days!
GRE Study Schedule : Last 15 days (Taking Mock Exams)
While taking mock exams, make sure that you analyze your mistakes and try to work on them.
Optional: Go through the Majortests.com’s 1500 wordlists.
- 1st Day: Kaplan 1st MST
- 2nd Day: Kaplan 2nd MST
- 3rd Day: Kaplan 3rd MST
- 4th Day: Kaplan 4th MST
- 5th Day: Kaplan 5th MST
- 6th Day: ETS Official Guide 1st Practice Test & ETS Official Guide 2nd Practice Test
- 7th Day: Manhattan 1st MST
- 8th Day: Manhattan 2nd MST
- 9th Day: Manhattan 3rd MST
- 10th Day: Manhattan 4th MST
- 11th Day: Manhattan 5th MST
- 12th Day: Manhattan 6th MST
- 13th Day: ETS Powerprep 1st Test
- 14th Day: ETS Powerprep 2nd Test
- 15th Day: Revise words, Math formula’s and Take proper rest.!
- The D – Day: The GRE Exam (Do’s and Don’t’s on the D-Day)
A day after exam: Come back to this post and tell us how it went in the comments!
I hope this GRE Study Schedule helps you to achieve your dream GRE score. All the best
Subscribe to Higher Education Blog for more GRE Study Schedule and GRE Study Tips!